When you haven't slept for more than a couple of hours at a stretch for, I don't know, 8 years, things like this start to happen to you.
I needed to iron a few things. I plugged in my iron and started pressing away. I needed some steam. Because my spray bottle has gone the way of all things that spray in a house of boys, I decided to use the steam feature on my iron. I've done it before and it works just fine.
I filled a white cup with water so I could pour it into the little slot on the top of the iron. But Miss Wendy needed my help, so I set it down on the counter. When she was taken care of, I came back, picked up the cup and went to fill up the iron.
Well, I was pouring away from myself, keeping an eye on the little window on the iron so I'd know when to stop filling...when the window fills with white! Aghhhh! I picked up the wrong glass and have just filled my iron with milk! POOOOOOOOOSHHHHH! A big old burst of steamed milk came shooting out of the iron just as I realized what I'd done.
So I unplug the iron and race over to the sink, POOOOOOOOOSHing milk all the way. I tip the hot iron upside down and shake it, trying to get the milk out. POOOOOOOOOOSH! POOOOOOOOOOSH! Steamed milk went everywhere. Then I filled it with water and shook it out again and again, hoping that I could get all the milk out of the belly of the iron.
I guess I'll know in a couple of days if I was successful or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
:) Thanks for sharing this story with me...I hope you guys have had a wonderful day! We love you.
Ha ha!! I have to laugh only because I can see the same things happening at our house-- 8 years of no sleep can do that!
It's always the embarrassing stuff that makes the best stories! Thanks for sharing. I burned my mouth on some steamed milk I got in a bagel shop once, I couldn't taste anything on that part of my tongue for a couple of days and I felt pretty foolish because they warned me it was really hot. ;0
Post a Comment