When I was little, my mom used some of her old dresses to make new ones for her girls. One of my favorite dresses of all time - the yellow one with the little fuzzy daisies and white dots - was made that way. It had fluttery short sleeves and a full-good-for-spinning skirt. I wore it in the 4th grade melodrama.
I've been going through some clothes lately... stained, cute but wrong size, knees can't be patched anymore times, maternity clothes, unflattering style but nice fabric. There are quite a few pieces that have potential for more than a quilt block.
So I've been poking around online and have found a few cute ideas for refashioning. Here are some that I've liked:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=170402.0
http://theemptynestlife.blogspot.com/2009/04/one-skirt-three-little-dresses.html
http://theemptynestlife.blogspot.com/2009/04/upcycle-project-1.html
http://theemptynestlife.blogspot.com/2009/04/upcycle-project-2.html
http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/2009/04/make-girls-nightgown-from-pillow-case.html
I've seen posts for ruffled t-shirts, shorts, all sorts of things. Mostly I've just stumbled across them while reading other people's blogs. Have any of you seen any good posts? Please share in the comments. I'd love some new ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So I don't have any ideas, but can't wait to see what you make. Please share pictures of the finished projects!!
Okay. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this post!! I actually made Tali a cute PJ top out of a GIGANTIC tricot nightie that I found at the DI. Truly, the DI is one of my favorite places to look for fabric. I found an upcycle thing online that I thought was a hoot - they took t-shirts (with screenprinting on them) and turned them into underwear..like little boy-short panties. They were actually super cute one had this great screenprinted cat (I'd never wear it but to each her own) and they placed it right on the butt of the panties. It was CUTE.
Post a Comment