You know, sometimes we get so caught up in counting the big blessings that we forget about the little ones. So here are a couple of the little ones I'm grateful for.
On Sunday I was very grateful that Bitty said his real part during the primary program, instead of the one he and his buddy made up during the practice last Wednesday. See, he was supposed to say "My name is Bitty and I am a child of God." He knew it inside and out and was looking forward to his chance to stand up at the pulpit. But Wednesday night he came home from the practice in a crazy mood and announced to me that he had a new part. "My name is Boobyhead, and I poop my pants." YIKES! I tried to brush it off, but Sunday morning when I saw his sweet smiling face behind that microphone I had to whisper a little prayer..."Oh please, don't let him say it!" And he didn't! Bitty came through with his real part, loud and clear. I was proud. And very, very grateful.
Then last night I went to a Pampered Chef Party. There were lots of lovely items to buy...mostly overpriced...but I was tempted. I really wanted a couple of things. The demo lady was exceptionally slow, giving me plenty of time to draw up a lengthy wish list. I wonder if she poked along for that very reason? Anyway, I was seriously considering placing a sizable order, when Rhonda spoke up. Now, I like her, but she and I really aren't the best of friends. And sometimes I just don't quite know what to make of her or her loud and plentiful comments. But last night she was a wealth of information. Rhonda has lots of Pampered Chef products, and from the way she was talking, most of them are broken! I had to chuckle inside as she detailed all of her useless kitchen gizmos and gadgets. The demo lady tried to smooth over each one "Bring me your receipt and we'll see if it's still covered on your warranty." "You can order replacement wires for only $4.00." "Maybe you just got a bad one." By the time I had to leave I'd whittled down my list enough to not bother ordering at all. So today, when I could have been feeling buyers regret, I wasn't. Instead, I was grateful for Rhonda and all of her help. Oh yeah! Help, help me Rhonda!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Look at what you get done when Jake's gone!! Your blog looks great, and I heartily second both observations. I too waited with baited breath for my own little child of God to give his part, and I got a chuckle out of Rhonda's comments last night!
That is so funny-- I also took off a few things on my list for that very reason. I do like the stoneware, and that is about it...It is a good thing she isn't a sales rep for the company!
Love the picture! Wow! I just can't wait until my boy gets to be in the primary program-- it seems to be already natural for him to really show off.
I love your blog and your thoughts! I too am grateful that ALL 45 children of God that I am in charge of showed up and acted like Children of God last Sunday. *Hooray! Our program is done, till next year*
Talk to you soon, Love you!
Hey!!! I'm so glad you started a blog and that you found me! I havent' been doing it long but it sure is fun and I've found lots of friends from High School. Can't wait to bring the kids up to see the goats!
Post a Comment