Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fruit and Veggie Posts

Since this blog is called Camille's Garden and I can't do any actual gardening outside...I'm going to start posting fruit and veggie entries. An online garden journal of sorts. I'll be backtracking a bit, recording what I have written down over the past few years, as well as planning ahead for future harvests. What I've tried, what I'm planning to grow this year, what worked, what didn't, etc. Even if you really aren't that into gardening, give 'em a read. You might decide to try your hand at it!

Also, if I've put and OP after the name, that means that I know that it is an open pollinated variety. What does this mean to you? Well, you can save seed from these plants and it will be true to type. This is very, very important! Plants you grow from hybrid seed are fine the first year, but any seed you collect won't produce the same plants. You could end up with anything...like melons that taste like zucchini.

If you have a favorite (or least favorite) variety of something, or any garden insights, please share! Most of the practical gardening information I have gained is from personal experience, gleaned from fellow gardeners, or from good books. Sorry USU, a lot of that stuff just wasn't very useful!

Note: I'm not endorsing one seed company over another, I'm just providing picture links because I don't have any veggie photos of my own. Maybe I'll get Jake to take some this summer!

No comments: