Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chihuly - Part 1

While I was in Phoenix, we visited the Desert Botanical Garden where they were having a Chihuly exhibit. Mr. Chihuly and his team of artists create these huge glass sculptures. We were only there during the day, but they also light them up at night (and I bet it's spectacular!). I loved the play of the sunlight on the twisted and swirled glass, not to mention the stunning colors. It was so beautiful! I took tons of pictures, I'll post some of my favorites so you can enjoy them as well.

Close up of Mexican Hats

I don't remember what this one was called, but they were about 6-8 feet tall!

A Boat of Floats - This was one of my very favorites, the whimsy of the boat sitting out in the desert and the bright colors just made me feel really happy.

Close up of the floats - I loved these! For several hundred dollars, I could have brought one of the floats home and watched as my boys smashed it up. I decided to take a bunch of pictures instead.

The Moon

No comments: