Last night was town ski night. Dad and Picasso decided to brave the cold and try out the fresh snow. This was Picasso's first time skiing, and Dad's first attempt at being a ski instructor. Notice who got to wear the favorite skiing hat? This toasty hat belonged to Jake's Dad when he was a Postman and I think all of his boys (and several of his grandsons!) have worn it. It's wool and keeps your cheeks warm. Anyway, here's that same hat going skiing again.
Who knew that there was a right way to fall down, and that it could be so hard to do? Picasso spent quite a bit of time laid back on his skis. The inside of his coat is black, so you can see how much snow he's scraped up by sliding down the hill this way. Brrrrrrrr! The tow rope really wasn't much fun, so they headed up the big mountain on the lift. Everybody was learning the first time down...
but by the second run , Picasso had figured it out.

1 comment:
Wow! I had have only been snowboarding once and I wasn't very good and I spent most of the day on my face. I'm glad that they had fun together and that he learned faster than I did.
Post a Comment